Window 7 key finder
If you’re planning to reinstall Windows, you need your Windows serial key. This key, which is also known as Windows serial, can be found on a sticker or within the manual that comes with Windows. All operating systems, be it Windows 8 or Windows 7 require this serial key in order to get completely installed. However, if you find yourself without a key or if you’ve lost the key, there are several things that can be done to restore it as the key is encrypted in the Windows registry.
Question: I’m looking for my Windows 7 serial key. Where can I find it?
Are you looking for your Windows 7 key? A product key, which is commonly referred to as the serial key, might not be given a lot of value and system till your system crashes. But once you start the whole reinstallation process, a serial key vital. The key that came with your Windows 7 is needed in order to reinstall Windows.
Answer: Windows Registry is where you can usually find your product or serial key in.
Since the Windows 7 key is encrypted in the Windows Registry, it makes it almost impossible to search for the serial key manually. However, there are few ways through which you can easily decode and find the key. One of the easiest ways of finding your key is by using a Windows 7 key finder program. This is because, key finder programs search your computer to locate and decode your Windows serial key.
Follow the steps below to locate your Windows 7 serial key:
- You cannot manually locate the serial key in Windows 7 as the key is encrypted in the Windows Registry and is not readable. The manual process that could locate the key in Windows 95 and Windows 98 will not work in other operating systems such as Windows 7. The manual process is only helpful in finding the product ID number, and not the product key.
- However, there are several key finder programs that may come to your aid at this point. So your next step would be to choose a key finder program that suits your requirement. This is where Lazesoft Windows Key Finder comes. It supports all versions of Windows 7, from Professional to Basic and Starter. It also provides you with several additional features.
- Download Lazesoft Windows Key Finder, and follow the easy instructions provided.
- These instructions will help you locate the key. The numbers and letters showed by this utility represent the serial key.
- Make sure that you copy the key exactly as displayed, or you may find yourself facing more problems while reinstalling Windows 7.
If you plan on installing Windows 7 you will need your Windows 7 serial key. However, if you can’t find that key you have two options to locate it. The first is through a key finder program. But if that doesn’t work, then you still have another option.
The other option is to either ask for a replacement serial key from Microsoft or purchase another copy of your existing Windows which will ensure another serial key.
More information about Lazesoft Windows Key Finder
Lazesoft Recovery Suite is easy to use, powerful boot disk design to Recover Data, Recover crashed Windows System, Recover Windows Password, Clone or Backup Disk, etc.
Free Windows Key Finder