I have a Dell Laptop which is running ATI graphics with Intel processor and 4GB RAM. When I am trying to reboot the computer as usual this morning, the screen will become black and then I will get the following error that says:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
- Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
- Choose your language settings, and then click “Next.”
- Click “Repair your computer.”
If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
Info: An unexpected error has occurred.
The boot 0x0000225 is related to the BCD file, not the MBR:
- The Windows Boot Manager (Bootmgr) entry is not present in the Boot Configuration Data (BCD) store.
- The Boot\BCD file on the active partition is damaged or missing.
Similar problem is:
Info: The Windows Boot Configuration Data file is missing required information
To fix the boot error 0x0000225, you can do the steps as guides in the error screen:
Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer to repair the error.
Nowadays, the computer manufacturers normally do not provide Windows installation disc for the laptop customers. Our freeware, Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Edition can assist you to make a Lazesoft Rescue disk to solve the problem.
If you have Windows installation disc and tried Windows installation disc to fix, but the Windows installation disc did not fixed the problem, you can also try our all-in-one freeware Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Edition to fix the problem. Lazesoft boot disk is very powerful and easy-to-use.
The following are the steps to use new version of Lazesoft Recovery Suite or Lazesoft Windows Recovery to fix the error 0x0000225:
- Download the new version of Lazesoft Recovery Suite.
- Uninstall the old version of Lazesoft Recovery Suite.
- Set it up and run the new version setup file to build a new Lazesoft boot disk.
- Reboot your locked computer from the Lazesoft boot disk.
- Click <Windows Recovery> on the Lazesoft Recovery Suite boot disk, and select the Windows installation you want to repair.
- Click <One Click Repair> to fix the problem. The <One Click Repair> will automatically do many intelligently check and repair processes, includes backing up the old BCD file and then rebuilding and fixing the BCD file.
- After fixing, reboot your computer to see the repair results.